Conference Trend Hospitality 2008
Trend Hospitality awarded the Hospitality Excellence Prizes on the occasion of the Hospitality Trends Bucharest Conference 2008
Over 200 participants from the hospitality industry – investors, developers, hotel and restaurant owners, as well as operators – attended, on October 6, a complex event dedicated to the industry, organized by Trend Hospitality Consulting & Management and the prestigious INTEHL –The Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship of Lausanne.
On this occasion, Trend Hospitality, a leading advisory and consultancy company, awarded the prizes of the industry in the field:
1. Hotelier of the Year Prize was awarded to Mr Kurt Strohmayer, general Manager of JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel, for the lasting commitment and professionalism proved in achieving excellence in the luxury services of the hotel he manages.
2. Lifetime Achievement Reward was granted to Mr Mihai Rajnita, Secretary General of FIHR (Hotel Industry Federation of Romania), for his contribution to the development of the Romanian hospitality industry.
3. Best Initiative in Hospitality Education Prize was awarded to THR Consulting Group, for its initiative of developing hospitality competencies, with special focus on practical applications.
4. Opening of the Year Prize was granted to the Radisson SAS Hotel, Bucharest, for the opening of the most recent luxury hotel in Bucharest.
5. Best New Development Prize went to the Silver Mountain Project of Poiana Bra?ov, for the most ambitious development project from the Romanian market.
The prizes, designed by the artist Alexandru Ghildus, were handed by the Trend Hospitality Consulting & Management CEO, Mr Tinu Sebesanu, and his team.
Tinu Sebesanu: I am very glad that the leading players of the Romanian hospitality industry have attended this event. Moreover, together with the international lecturers who did us the honour of being present here and who have shared with us their experience in the field, we have debated the issues and tendencies within the industry. We have designed an agenda of the event, which should record the hospitality industry trends for the foreseeable future, so that all the participants should have, at the end of it, at least one business started or a business idea.
Among the conclusions of the conference: the Romanian hotel business, and by extension the whole hospitality industry, will continue to be on the increase (but a more moderate one compared to 2007). In the former half of 2008 we have a 25% increase in occupancy and a trend similar to the 2007 one for the average hotel occupancy rate.
Investors regard Romania as a potentially rising market for the hospitality industry, especially by its development outside the capital. There can be perceived an important increase in the accommodation demand for the main cities of the country. Investors will direct their attention towards the 3 and 4 star market, insufficiently covered on the Romanian market at this moment.
The event which took place on October 6 was honoured by the presence of some prestigious international names, among whom:
- Adela Cristea, Development Manager, Europe & Africa Hilton Hotels
- Jean-Francois Laporte, Associate Director, CB Richard Ellis Hotels CEE
- Saar Sharon, Senior Vice President, Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels; Capital Markets CEE, London
- Helga Koderhold, Senior Client Executive la Group Real Estate & Leasing; Hotels & Tourism Erste Group Bank AG, Vienna
- Yasmine Mahmoudieh, CEO, Mahmoudieh Design
- Elodie Casola Dunkin, Business Development Manager, Tourism & Leisure Advisory Services
- Christian Michel, Regional Vice President Development, Wyndham Hotel Group International
- Leo Brand, CEO, Swisscom Hospitality Services
- Philippe Attia, Senior Operations Vice President, Dolce Hotels & Resorts
- Vincent Levy, SSenior Director, Acquisitions & Development, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Stowe Shoemaker, Vice Dean and board member, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
The agenda of the event touched upon some of the most significant issues of the industry, from the impact of the relevant European legislation to management solutions to the presentation of the local development opportunities, to the trends for 2009, to novelties in hotel design, franchising and management, to the importance of a brand in the field of hospitality, to opportunities for franchising some international brands in Romania, as well as to issues concerning the management of human resources in the field.
To receive the presentation in PDF format, please fill in the form below: