Hospitality Trends Bucharest Conference, event organised by Trend Hospitality Consulting & Management, took place on Thursday, November 25, 2010, at the Radisson BLU Hotel of Bucharest and reunited major institutions across the hospitality industry, private and institutional investors, representatives of corporate banking, hotel owners, operators, specialised architects and other firsthand actors from this area.
The conference organized under the Patronage of The Ministry of Regional Development and Tourism and in partnership with INTEHL – Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship of École hôtelière de Lausanne included two plenary sessions, five workshops, as well as the already famous HTB Awards Gala, a ceremony specially conceived to highlight the leaders of hospitality industry.
Hospitality Trends Bucharest 2010 was honoured by the presence of some national and international personalities, such as:
Philippe Bijaoui, Vice President, Business Development, The Rezidor Hotel Group,
Peter Vermeer, Vice President, Development Benelux & Eastern Europe, IHG, Martin Armitstead, Senior Vice President – Development EMEA, Wyndham Hotel Group International, John Litzenberger, Vice President, Marriott International, Inc., Adela Cristea, Development Director, Europe & Africa Hilton Worldwide, Elke Geieregger, Associate Director, HVS London Office, Lukas Hochedlinger, Manager Business Development Austria & CEE, Christie + Co, Frederic le Fichoux, Associate Partner, Head of Hospitality Central & Eastern Europe, Cushman & Wakefield, Zoltan Kali, Senior Manager, KPMG in Central & Eastern Europe, Daniel Bilak, Partner, CMS Cameron McKenna, Florian Libocor, Chief Economist, BRD Groupe Société Générale
Within the HTB Gala Awards ceremony, opened by HRH Prince Radu of Romania, Trend Hospitality granted the following awards of excellence in hospitality:
1. The Hotelier of the Year prize was awarded to Mr Yilmaz Yildirimlar, General Manager of Radisson Blu Bucharest, for his long-standing commitment and professionalism proved in assuring the excellence of the luxury services of the hotel whose manager he is;
2. The Lifetime Achievement Award was granted to Mr Mihail Corneliu Acatrinei, for his contribution to the development of the Romanian hospitality industry;
3. Best New Restaurant award went to the Loft Restaurant;
4. The Opening of the Year distinction was received by the Ramada Oradea Hotel;
5. The Best New Project prize was awarded to Leisure Club „La Stejarii”- Bucharest.
The prizes, designed by the artist Alexandru Ghildus, were handed in by Mr Tinu Sebesanu, CEO of Trend Hospitality Consulting & Management and by his team.
Partners: BRD Groupe Société Générale, Coca-Cola, Diversey, Leida and Wyndham Hotel Group.
More details could be found on the event’s website: www.htbconference.com.